Our Holiday Share Faire is around the corner on Sunday, December 10th, at 1-3pm. We’ll occupy two rooms on the A-block again this year at Cubberley Community Center, and fill them with all things holiday.
Some things slated to be offered by skilled TPA volunteers and regulars:
- Garden Share! While the Palo Alto Garden Share lacks a permanent home, we’ll have a chance to share the bounty of our gardens at the Faire. Bring your produce, plants, seeds, and garden books and tools to share.
- Telling stories. We’ll share stories about this season – of darkness and light. How does it impact your traditions? We’d also love to share tales of best and worst gifts given and received over the years. Read an article here by Mas Masumoto (of Masumoto Farms) on how and why our stories are so important to share, especially in these times.
- Peter Ruddock will share a favorite holiday recipe with details on how to make it. Yum.
- Lori Stoia will teach us how to make candles – and you’ll have a chance to make a simple beeswax candle of your own to take home.
- Let’s gather together and make homemade decorations, garlands, menorahs, ornaments and more from natural materials, foods, and dyes. Joyce Beattie and Barbara Weinstein will teach us how.
- Peggy Prendergast offers her skills as a Master Gardener on composting for the winter.
We’ll also share Holiday decor, cards, and our usual goods share.
Looking to demo something else or help out? Contact us. We’re always happy to get more volunteers : set-up, organization, greeters and more. If you’d like to participate, please sign up here.
Please put the date on your calendars and join us in this joyous season!
More at transitionpaloalto.org/sharing-expos/