Transition Palo Alto holds a number of regular events and occasional special events which engage its members and the community while working toward furthering its mission. Join our mailing list to hear about specific events, times and locations
- Fourth Friday / Films of Vision and Hope – Most 4th Friday evenings Transition Palo Alto hosts an evening of film, lecture, roundtable, picnic or potluck. This is a chance for a large group of community members to gather, learn and exchange ideas, while building a more resilient community.
- Game Night – Most 2nd Tuesday evenings people meet for a night of game playing – and community building. Transition Palo Alto agrees with Ivan Illich who said, “I remain certain that the quest for truth cannot thrive outside the nourishment of mutual trust flowering into a commitment to friendship.”
- Garden Shares – Up to 4 times per month, gardeners meet in public garden spaces around the South Bay to share the produce of their gardens, tools, seedlings, ideas and more. They build community while strengthening their skills at growing healthy, local food. You can learn more here.
- Share Faires – A few times per year, Transition Palo Alto convenes a larger group of people in public parks or other spaces to share Skills, Goods and More. Learn from your neighbors, exchange things you no longer need for things they no longer need, and build a stronger community in the process. You can learn more here.
- Transition Cafes – Most Fridays, other than 4th Fridays, a group gathers in a cafe for conversation about the issues which concern Transition, like climate change, resilient local economies and strong community.
- Transition Community Council – Most 4th Tuesdays Transition members gather in a cafe to talk about the practical aspects of Transition Palo Alto, including our mission, our message and our activities. It is our “regular meeting” and the best way for new people to learn how to get involved.
- Book Groups – A few times per year Transition Palo Alto organizes a group to read a book which is relevant to the mission and activities of our organization, such as Pope Francis’s encyclical on the environment, Laudato Si.
- Partner Events – Transition Palo Alto occasionally partners with like-minded organizations to co-sponsor events, such as the Edible Tree Walks in Los Altos and Palo Alto, organized with Canopy, Green Town Los Altos and Slow Food South Bay.
- Skill Shares – Periodically Transition Palo Alto organizes a special event to share a particular skill, such as jam making or fermentation.