Oooh, another Scare Faire is coming your way, full of spooky goodness – on Sunday, October 20th, 1-3pm at the Museum of American Heritage.
Old costumes lurking? Send them packing to possess a new home in our Costume Swap. Bring your adult and child costumes in good condition (as well as Halloween decorations) right at 1pm, get a number, and start choosing costumes at 1:20!
Bring your old costumes at 1:00. We’ll give you a sequential number. At 1:20, we’ll call numbers, starting with 1, to let people in to look for new costumes. Every few minutes we’ll let in people with the next few numbers. When all of the numbers are exhausted, we’ll open the room to share the remaining costumes with whomever is the
While you’re waiting, check out our Scare Faire – a traditional Transition Palo Alto Share Faire with some Halloween twists. Learn a skill, find something in need of a home, meet your neighbors, have some fun.
We’ll once again haunt the bewitching Museum of American Heritage with our Halloween and Holiday Scare Faire, a chance to get to know your ghastly neighbors, scare, and share.
You’ll be under the spell of our Series on Eating your values as well:
- Peter Ruddock will share thoughts on Eating Transition Values
- Kim Acker will demonstrate how to cook from the Farmer’s Market (and Cooking your values!)
- Diane Ruddle will teach us how to save and use up our food and scraps (without Wasting your values!)
If your ghostly appetite is still not appeased by all that food talk, you can also:
- Bedevil yourself, having your face painted by Nimita
- Exorcise your laptop or computer, thanks to Bart Anderson‘s technology expertise
- Materialize a Halloween craft, in the expert hands of Hamsa Rajaram
As always, we’ll have goods to share, including garden, clothing, household, books and more. So scare up your own to bring!
And we’ll share each other’s good company while building a BOOtiful, stronger community.
Please plan to join us. If you’d like to volunteer as a greeter, for set-up or clean-up, or for whatever, please sign up at https://bit.ly/scarefairevol
Free, donations appreciated. RSVP here.
Want to learn more about our Sharing Events? More info here.