Our Share Faire brings all the benefits of sharing Stories, Skills, and Stuff together in one fun event. Come join us to share garden produce, arts and crafts supplies, books, toys, and clothes. We’ll have things like music, bike repair, video storytelling, and other demos as well, with different themes each time.
2017 Share Faire Calendar
- March 11 – We will join with Canopy’s Arbor Day event in Mitchell Park
- March 26 – Fermentation Faire – Cubberley 1-3pm, Rooms A6 & 7
- Late April – Find us at the Facebook Farmer’s Market for Earth Day
- May 6 – Join us at the May Fete Fair
- July 8 – Common Ground Garden has an Edible Garden Tour
- August 5 – Share Faire at Common Ground Garden
- October 8th – Halloween Share (Costumes and Homemade Holidays) – Cubberley Rooms A6 A7
- December 10th – Holiday Share (Decorations and Homemade Holidays) – Cubberley Rooms A6 A7
WHEN: Our Share Faire is usually held on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. In 2017, it will be roughly quarterly. See above for full calendar. Meet your neighbors, help keep things out of the landfill, and learn something new.
Join our Share Faire and Reskilling mailing list at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/skillshare-palo-alto
What to bring: Garden vegetables, flowers, seedlings, seeds, arts and crafts supplies, decor for the season, books in good condition, magazines, children’s toys (no broken toys please), old clothes in good condition (no stains or tears), homemade jams/jellies/honey, homegrown eggs, fresh herbs, fruit, gardening tools, shoes in good condition. Bring your stories and your families and friends, too.
If you have a very large amount stuff or are not sure if what you have is appropriate, email rani at bacraft swap at gmail dot com to say you’ll be coming and, roughly, what you plan to bring.
How it works: Come and sign in (so you’ll know how it went and be notified next time). Put what you brought on their respective tables and take what you need. Check out the demos, come meet us, and have fun!
- Please bring items in good enough condition to be useful to someone else.
- Please don’t bring anything too sentimental, since you may not know who’s getting it.
- Please take what you brought home (especially if it is very large or a lot of it remains at the end) and do not dump items.
Do you have a skill to share? Can you teach or show it to others? We are always looking for new and interesting demos (especially those that can be shown in 30 minutes or less) of skills, cooking, and crafts. Please email bacraftswap @ gmail . com Share Faires are supported by by Transition Palo Alto, FabMo, Planetshifter.com, Deborah’s Palm, Friends of the Palo Alto Library, Neighbors Helping Neighbors, and sponsored by Zero Waste Palo Alto.
Questions? E-mail rani at bacraftswap at g m a i l . c o m