Our Share Faire brings all the benefits of sharing Stories, Skills, and Stuff together in one fun event. Come join us to share garden produce, arts and crafts supplies, books, toys, and clothes. We’ll have things like music, bike repair, video storytelling, and other demos as well, with different themes each time.
2016 Share Faire Calendar – all are Sundays, 1-3pm
- February 14th – The Fabric of our Community (fabric and community organizing) – Cubberley Community Center Rms A3 and A7
- April 10th – Garden and Food – Cubberley Community Center
- June 12th – Books and Media – Cubberley Community Center
- August 14th – Share Faire! (All types of goods and produce) – Mitchell Park Bowl
- October 9th – Halloween Share (Costumes and Homemade Holidays) – Cubberley Community Center
- December 11th – Holiday Share (Decorations and Homemade Holidays) – Cubberley Community Center
WHERE: Check the http://transitionpaloalto.org home page for the latest info about location. In 2016, we are holding most of our events at Cubberley Community Center (see above for details). A map and directions to Cubberley are available here.
WHEN: Our Share Faire is usually held on the 2nd Sunday afternoon. In 2016, it will be on alternate months. See above for full calendar. Meet your neighbors, help keep things out of the landfill, and learn something new.
Join our Share Faire and Reskilling mailing list at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/skillshare-palo-alto
What to bring: Garden vegetables, flowers, seedlings, seeds, arts and crafts supplies, decor for the season, books in good condition, magazines, children’s toys (no broken toys please), old clothes in good condition (no stains or tears), homemade jams/jellies/honey, homegrown eggs, fresh herbs, fruit, gardening tools, shoes in good condition. Bring your stories and your families and friends, too.
If you have a very large amount stuff or are not sure if what you have is appropriate, email rani at bacraft swap at gmail dot com to say you’ll be coming and, roughly, what you plan to bring.
How it works: Come and sign in (so you’ll know how it went and be notified next time). Put what you brought on their respective tables and take what you need. Check out the demos, come meet us, and have fun!
- Please bring items in good enough condition to be useful to someone else.
- Please don’t bring anything too sentimental, since you may not know who’s getting it.
- Please take what you brought home if it is very large or a lot of it remains at the end. For certain craft swaps (noted), SCRAP may take extra items up to a limit.
Do you have a skill to share? Can you teach or show it to others? We are always looking for new and interesting demos (especially those that can be shown in 30 minutes or less) of skills, cooking, and crafts. Please email bacraftswap @ gmail . com Share Faires are sponsored by Transition Palo Alto, FabMo, Planetshifter.com, Deborah’s Palm, Friends of the Palo Alto Library, Neighbors Helping Neighbors, and Zero Waste Palo Alto.
Questions? E-mail rani at bacraftswap at g m a i l . c o m