Great stuff at the Summer Sharing Expo Sunday June 15! Roy Kornbluh gave a “hands-on” bio char demo, showing how to convert liquidambar (aka sweetgum) seed pods into odor-catching sachets that you can later mix in the garden to give your plants an extra boost. Trina Lynn Wilson supplied the liquidambar, the sample sachets and information sheets.
And much more!
- Diane Ruddle and Dave Lantz demoed solar ovens and a solar dehydrator and gave samples of delicious banana bread baked on the spot.
- Master gardener Marianne Mueller hosted an advice table for intrepid gardeners.
- Annette Puskarich gave the scoop on composting.
- Debbie Mytels showed the Acterra display of different kinds of lighting and how they use energy.
- Holly from FabMo shared fabric and wallpaper samples.
- William Mutch hosted a Permaculture Cafe on permaculture and our local agricultural ecosystem.
- Herb Moore and the young attendess made music and fun.
- And lots of garden bounty, toys, clothing, books, and crafts were exchanged.
Here are some pix. Thanks to Trina Lynn for sharing her photos.